It’s going around I think: procrastination. Award season is among us. It’s funny, isn’t it, how they seem to come in waves of two’s and three’s, and then it will be quiet for a long period of time? I think this is because we are close-knit community who genuinely loves to support one another. Thus, we circulate the awards until they have made their way, like a jasmine scented breeze, to those we have come to appreciate, care for, are inspired by, learn from, etc…
The fact is, however, they are a whole-lotta work. This does not diminish my gratitude or appreciation for those finding me worthy of such an honor, but done right, they take time in responding to. There are the proper thanks to intromit, adhering to the regulations of receiving the award, nominating other bloggers, copying the links, copying the images, and so on and so forth.
I have four people to thank today. FOUR!
Jess, you started this whole thing. Darn you, and your heart-melting kindness.
Jess over at http://awinsomejourney.wordpress.com/ nominated me for the “One Lovely Blog” award. Jess herself truly does have One Lovely Blog. She spills her thoughts genuinely, sharing photos and sweet stories about her llamas and family in the most, well . . . winsome manner. For a sliver of peace, drop on by her blog, and peruse a beauty in the rough.
Marney at http://volunteerfringe.com/ nominated me for the “Beautiful Blogger” award. A little redundant, but it must be said that Marney is a Beautiful Blogger. While I don’t know Marney all that well, whenever she posts something I am always intrigued as to how she will inspire us toward kindness and eschewing selfish ambition. She is smart and driven, and a person that, if we lived closer, I might like to get to know better.
Judyover at http://connectingdotstogod.com/ nominated me for the “One Lovely Blog” award as well. Judy’s mind is a busy place. I like busy. She has these fantastic dots and she’s always connecting them to God. Truly, she can take nearly anything, providential or random, and figure out how to lead it back to the source; which, of course, is the Creator himself. I’m not kidding. Check out her post on beer and God; those two are my favorite things!
Olivia over at http://oliviasopinions.wordpress.com/ nominated me for the “Reader Appreciation” award. Oh, Olivia, I just love her. She’s spunky and precocious, and has an opinion about books that she generously shares with us. I recently told her that my Goodreads list thanks her, for all the time in which she saves us. Her reviews are well thought out, and I think she does an amazing job of remaining objective, while still letting us know whether or not she enjoyed the book and why or why not.
Thank you, ladies. My heart is touched by your appreciation and thoughtful words.
I am asked in the guidelines to share 7 random facts about myself. These are kind of fun, I must admit. I always enjoy reading these on other’s blogs. So, in no particular order, here are my idiosyncrasies:
1) I snort when I laugh.
2) Lemon is not only my favorite scent, but my favorite ingredient in a dessert; lemon bars especially.
3) When I was a little girl, if I was having trouble falling asleep, I would bang my head on a pillow in an attempt to tucker myself out. Other than very mild brain-damage, I am good. <— That was a joke.
4) I used to be a gymnast, and as a result am very flexible. Anyone want to see me touch my toes to my head?
5) I thank God every day for allowing me to be a writer. And then I ask Him, “What were you thinking?”
6) My favorite thing to do on a Saturday morning is put on something whimsical in the background, and flip leisurely through House Beautiful or Country Home, while sipping fresh, piping hot coffee.
7) I love my puppy so much that it scares me a little . . .
Award acceptance details:
Each of these awards is to be accepted by:
Thanking and linking back to the nominating blogger.
Listing seven things about yourself.
Recommending other blogs. The number of suggested recommendations varies by award. I recommended about seven each.
Let each recommended blogger know of your nomination, and link them back to your post so they know what to do to accept the award.
Paste the award image on your blog if you’d like to.
And on to the nominations. Feel free to choose from either image.
1) http://nancycreative.com Nancy lives up to the name of this award, upholding a very lovely blog indeed. Mostly she shares her recipes, but there’s other treasures as well. But the food, oh, the food . . .
2) http://arbitraryambrosia.wordpress.com Amber is such a lovely lady. She inspires to a collection of interests, mostly, as I have seen in the way of family, music, and ensembles, giving all of us shopaholics anxiety by putting together those most sensational outfits that we simply must find a way to recreate.
3) http://thewanderlustgene.wordpress.com Meredith resides in Sri Lanka. She is a traveler. She’s been to many places, seen a great many things, and her fine mind is enriched by all the sights in which she has experienced. Her writing is beautiful and her friendship is appreciated. You are loved, Mere.
4) http://carolanns66.wordpress.com Carol Ann considers herself an amateur photographer, but truly her pictures are nothing but a joy to behold.
5) http://mellywilliams.wordpress.com What an interesting girl, this Melly. I am still just getting to know her, but I think I will let her blog speak for itself. It’s wide-ranging and eclectic and always a treat for the eyes.
6) http://thismansjourney.net/ Some of THEE most lovely pictures, and thought provoking posts. In a world where female bloggers are the majority, I am so very glad there are men out there sharing their passions with us.
7) http://imperfectibleme.wordpress.com I love the concept of this blog. Aren’t we all imperfect, and in those imperfections made all the more lovely? This woman shares herself, and her journey through life, having grace for herself in the ways in which we must if we are to be joyful people.
And the next . . .
1) http://justmyfaithtalking.wordpress.com Talitha is woman after God’s own heart. She speaks boldly in His name, declaring His goodness and the ways in which we might draw closer to him.
2) http://ninalisnap52.wordpress.com/ I have really grown fond of Ninali. For one, she leaves novella length comments, and for a writer, there just isn’t anything better than that. She is also a VERY talented photographer, and her pictures are made all the more beautiful by the gorgeous soul in which this woman carries about. Her spirit is infectious, and I am still hoping she might want to be pen-pals with me.
3) http://www.karistaskitchen.com Again, oh, the food! Karista is a chef. Boy, is she ever! With her recipes, she is bound and determined to make us better eaters. She also — how do you find time?! — photographs her recipes, showing us step-by-step how everything came to be. The thing is, there’s a lot more to Karista; but that is for you to learn by engaging with her. She is a beautiful wife and a mom, and someone I have truly come to care for.
4) http://funandfabulousness.wordpress.com Elisa, another photographer who steals my heart with her photos, quotes, stories, and just by being the woman God made her to be. Like Karista, she is a mom and wife, and I would imagine excels at both. Elisa is one of those people who betters you just by knowing them. She is smart and kind and ridiculously gifted.
5) http://silentlyheardonce.wordpress.com A beautiful . . . Grandma?! (I still don’t believe it, Silently) who writes poems and shares her love for a world that needs a whole heckuva lot of it. Thank you for being you.
6) http://chicenvelopements.wordpress.com Beth. Beautiful Beth makes the most lovely things, and better yet, she is a upcycler. First, she purchases the fabric from thrift-stores, and then she makes some delicious shirt, or skirt, or blouse, or tote-bag. Beth makes me want to break out my seeing kit . . . until I remember that I don’t sew. Beth is also kinda sparkly. You know what I mean by that? You look at her and she just . . . sparkles.
7) http://blessyourhippieheart.wordpress.com Oh, Lori . . . was there ever kinder lady? I am not sure there was. Lori is another who blesses people simply by being in their lives. She is encouraging, uplifting, and doesn’t think twice about loading on the accolades. And guess what? She means everything she says. She is someone who stands by her word, who, when she says she is going to do something, does it. Lori, you bless me.
8) http://gloriarichard.wordpress.com Gloria is warm. She is a hug personified. I think . . . that if I was having a bad day, Gloria is the one I would want a hug from. She is a writer — a beautiful writer, working on her novel. I respect and admire her, and am so very glad she chooses to be my friend.
9) http://coastalcrone.wordpress.com Jonel is that kick in the butt you know you need but don’t want to admit. She calls herself a crone, for crying out loud. She isn’t, though. She is beautiful, and her face belies her age. She doesn’t post all that often, but I am always curious to see what she has to say.
10) http://biggerinreallife.com/ If Jonel didn’t do a thorough enough job kicking your butt, then Christy is your woman. She is one tough woman. And I mean that in every sense of the word. Yes, she is assertive and outspoken and plainly glad to be a woman who loves her roar, but she is also sincere, and all about empowering women to be the best version of themselves. To make goals and stick with them. She inspires me to take the bull by the horns and ride the darn thing until it submits or bucks me off.
And the one — The Reader Appreciation award — which comes with no graphic, I’m afraid, but only with my heartfelt thanks that goes to all of you. I could never pick just one reader to award this to; however, those of you that take the time to comment, to tell me your thoughts, your experiences, to literally share your life with me . . . thank you. Knowing you has made my life richer.
Bless you, and have a wonderful weekend! I’m off for a date with the man of my dreams and my reality. And maybe a mango margarita, too.